Duxford has always been synonymous with the Spitfire, on the 4th August 1938 the R.A.F. took delivery of the first example of the new fighter to enter squadron service when Spitfire K9789 was flown to Duxford by Jeffrey Quill to join 19 squadron, the first to be equipped with the Spitfire.
Spitfires operated throughout the Battle of Britain from Duxford and its satellite airfield Fowlmere with 19 and 611 squadron as part of Douglas Bader’s Big Wing.
Aero Legends are proud that TD314 will now operate full time from an airfield with such a fine history, she flew to her new operating base in the hands of Cliff Spink, on the 17th July. She will now be taken care of by the Aircraft Restoration Company and will normally be on public view in one of the display hangers when not being flown.